- YHA - Youth Hostel Association
- The Flying Fox - Two guest cottages lovingly created from recycled materials overlook the Whanganui river
- Riverslea Retreat - Riverslea Retreat is a natural place for groups to meet, work and relax together
- Fantails Accommodation and Self Contained Cottages - Fantails means tranquility, native birdsong and established trees of NZ and England.
- Tree Hut Cottage - Experience a traditional handcrafted Canadian style log cabin
- Lavender Creek Farm - Modern seperate B&B accommodation in a stunning Tuscany style building
- Eketahuna Motor Camp
- Jayride - Find or share a ride with Jayride, NZ's FREE rideshare community
- Kiwi Experience
- Intercity Coachlines
- Stray Travel
- Newmans Coach Lines
- Thrifty Car Rental
Oroua Blue Duck Protection Project
Provider: Department of Conservation
Region: Manawatu - Wanganui
The Manawatu Branch of NZ Deerstalkers Association (NZDA) is leading this project to control stoats in the Oroua Valley catchment within the Ruahine Forest Park. Stoats prey on the eggs and chicks of our native birds and are a critical threat to endangered species in the area, in particular Whio or Blue Duck.
The line includes nearly 400 traps, laid out along the banks of the Oroua River and some of its tributaries, and just off some the tramping tracks in the area. The line had been divided into sections so volunteers can opt to do as many sections as they like. It is recommended that volunteers work in pairs or groups, with one volunteer acting as the coordinator.
Volunteers will need a high level of fitness and backcountry navigation skills, including river-walking abilities.