- YHA - Youth Hostel Association
- Wharepuke Subtropical Accommodation - Family run eco cottages in Kerikeri, Bay of Islands, Northland, New Zealand. Stylish self catering, eco cottages nestled amongst 2 hectares of award winning subtropical garden.
- Opua Home, Bay of Islands, New Zealand - Designed by internationally-renowned eco-architect, Graeme North with spectacular view of the Bay of Islands
- Tangowahine Farm - Relax and enjoy this haven of tranquillity on a grass fattening sheep and beef farm
- Tutukaka Organic Retreat - Specific attention to organic principals, reforestation, and sustainable living have created a stunning environment of simple, rejuvenating natural grandeur.
- Pagoda Lodge Holiday Park
- Jayride - Find or share a ride with Jayride, NZ's FREE rideshare community
- Kiwi Experience
- Intercity Coachlines
- Stray Travel
- Newmans Coach Lines
- Thrifty Car Rental
Waipoua Forest Trust, Millennium Kauri Forest Project
Provider: Waipoua Forest Trust
We are restoring kauri forest and creating new habitat for the North Island brown kiwi. If you are keen and committed to conservation you are welcome to join us. Volunteers are needed this summer for mostly short-term work (2-3 weeks) in the following areas: plant propagation/nursery work, extending a greenhouse structure, building an educational facility, making educational displays, weed and pest control.
Accomodation provided: Yes. .Comfortable farmhouse with fireplace, piano and awesome deck looking out over the bush. Mattresses provided.
Transport provided: No.
What to bring: Sleeping bag Boots/gum boots (footwear that is hardy and you do not mind getting dirty) Raincoat (yes - even in summer) Food for your entire stay, or $35 per week to contribute to communal food (preferred).