- YHA - Youth Hostel Association
- Mount Tutu Eco-Sanctuary - Journey to the Protected Queen Elizabeth II National Trust paradise of Mount Tutu Eco-Sanctuary, a Podocarp Native Rainforest with trees over 500 years old.
- Pounamu Lodge - Nestled in pristine native forest with panoramic views over the lake to sacred Mount Tarawera.
- Lyons Lakestay - Affordable,"boutique style" backpacker,casual accommodation,B&B or Holiday unit.
- Pottsbury Organic Farm - A twelve acre organic orchard with two private and secluded Holiday Homes nestled among the trees and bird song
- Prana Eco Retreat - A unique Eco Retreat Venue, a place to rejuvenate body and soul, to swim, surf, walk and meditate.
- Whirinaki Forest B&B
- Lake Okareka BnB
- Jayride - Find or share a ride with Jayride, NZ's FREE rideshare community
- Kiwi Experience
- Intercity Coachlines
- Stray Travel
- Newmans Coach Lines
- Thrifty Car Rental
Nukuhou Salt Marsh Restoration
Provider: Nukuhou Salt Marsh Care Group-Ohiwa Harbour
Region: Bay of Plenty
The protection and enhancement of the largest remaining salt marsh in Ohiwa Harbour has been under-taken by a Care Group formed in 2003. Through the removal of weeds, revegetation, control of predators by poisoning and trapping, and the monitoring of bird species, the group continues to make a difference. A public viewing point, with interpretive notices, and a short board walk has been developed and is maintained to help the public gain an appreciation of this valuable wet-land.
Members meet the first Sunday of every month, for bird counts, planting, weed control , trap and bait line checks, and further developments.
Average fitness.Good hearing helps. An interest in birds and/or plants