- YHA - Youth Hostel Association
- Mount Tutu Eco-Sanctuary - Journey to the Protected Queen Elizabeth II National Trust paradise of Mount Tutu Eco-Sanctuary, a Podocarp Native Rainforest with trees over 500 years old.
- Pounamu Lodge - Nestled in pristine native forest with panoramic views over the lake to sacred Mount Tarawera.
- Lyons Lakestay - Affordable,"boutique style" backpacker,casual accommodation,B&B or Holiday unit.
- Pottsbury Organic Farm - A twelve acre organic orchard with two private and secluded Holiday Homes nestled among the trees and bird song
- Prana Eco Retreat - A unique Eco Retreat Venue, a place to rejuvenate body and soul, to swim, surf, walk and meditate.
- Whirinaki Forest B&B
- Lake Okareka BnB
- Jayride - Find or share a ride with Jayride, NZ's FREE rideshare community
- Kiwi Experience
- Intercity Coachlines
- Stray Travel
- Newmans Coach Lines
- Thrifty Car Rental
Mt Ngongotaha Bush Restoration Trust
Provider: Ngongotaha Bush Restoration Trust
Region: Bay of Plenty
The aim of the Mount Ngongotaha Bush Restoration Trust is to create a predator-free sanctuary on the upper slopes of Mount Ngongotaha. This will encourage the return of native birds, native plants and all the other native species that have been virtually wiped out by pests such as possums and rats. Before long, the people of Rotorua and their visitors will be able to enjoy the sounds of birds and the sight of forest flowers, such as existed in earlier times.
We are also developing tracks and facilities so that the people and visitors of Rotorua can better enjoy the bush adjacent to the city
Good fitness, Controlled Substances Licences, Building Skills, Enthusiasm