- YHA - Youth Hostel Association
- Waipiata - Enviro-Gold award, 5 star secluded coastal luxury lodge
- Hedingham Country Estate - An entirely ecologically-designed house, aimed at being energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly
- Aio Wira Centre - Seminar retreat centre founded by a group of yoga students, 35 mins from dwontown Auckland
- Sheep World Warkworth
- Te Harinui Countrystay
- Waiwera Thermal Spa Resort
- Jayride - Find or share a ride with Jayride, NZ's FREE rideshare community
- United Vehicle Rentals -
- Kea Campers NZ - Hire a KEA Camper and discover New Zealand!
- Apollo Motorhomes Holidays - Campervan hire
- Escape, Campervan hire -
- Britz Campervan and Car Hire -
- Thrifty Car Rental
- Newmans Coach Lines
- Stray Travel
- Intercity Coachlines
- Kiwi Experience
Provider: Motuihe project
There is a ferry every Saturday and Sunday and public holiday to Motuihe Island. The fare is $15 return for volunteers and $24 for non volunteers. The 360 Discovery ferry departs from Pier 3 at 9.15am and returns at 2,30pm and 5.30pm.
Between 26 Dec and 18 January the ferry will provide a daily service to Motuihe Island from Auckland and Gulf Harbour.
Volunteer trips will be held every Sunday over summer. Volunteers should register their interest at least three days prior to the intended trip.
In summer the volunteer work involves nursery work, weed control, seed collecting, track and general maintenance.
We are looking for volunteers to assist in the Information Hut on Motuihe Island.
The Motuihe weed team is looking for more volunteers to join the group to tackle invasive weeds by either chainsaw, slashing, spraying or handpulling non native plants. The next Weed Team day is Sunday 7th September followed by Sunday 5 October.
School trips, university field trips, and corporate trips to Motuihe Island have been very successful and we welcome enquiries from these groups for mid week and weekend activities.
The Motuihe Project tree sponsorship programme provides certificates with the GPS coordinates of their tree so that sponsors will be able to identify their tree for many decades. See www.motuihe.org.nz for details.
Ring 0800 MOTUIHE (0800 668844) after 7.00am on the morning of the trip to listen to cancellations and messages.
We look forward to seeing you on Motuihe Island soon.