- YHA - Youth Hostel Association
- Marama Organic Farm - Escape on our 3000 acre organic farm. Private, peaceful, relaxing.
- Catlins Mohua Park Eco-cottages - Four independent energy-efficient luxury cottages in scenic Catlins River Valley
- Lake Waituna B&B
- Possum Lodge Motel & Holiday Park
- Jayride - Find or share a ride with Jayride, NZ's FREE rideshare community
- Kiwi Experience
- Intercity Coachlines
- Stray Travel
- Newmans Coach Lines
- Thrifty Car Rental
- Catlins Horse Riding - A personalised horse riding service where you are able to experience horse riding over a variety of riding terrain with farm, forest & beach riding available.
- Eco Tours New Zealand
- Kiwi Eco Tours
- Dolphin Watch Eco tours
- Drift Wood Eco tours
- Catlins Wildlife Trackers
- Tuatapere Hump Ridge Track
- Kiwi Wilderness Walks
Manuka Mire: Restoration of a native environment on a sheep farm
Provider: Manuka Mire Farm Park
Southland, 25km south east of Invercargill.
On our 303ha (700acre) sheep farm we aim to manage the land sustainably. A part of this is the protection of a wetland area (peatland/open water/regenerating forest) under a QEII National Trust Open Space Covenant. This area is home to many waterfowl and we maintain traps to reduce predator numbers and improve breeding outcomes. We are also undertaking the planting of native riparian zones and shelter belts around our farm. Conservation volunteers assist with the propagation of plants , planting and maintanance of planting. Gorse, broom, elderberry and ragwort are all weeds that we try to control. Volunteers have also helped with this work.
Accomodation provided: Yes.
Transport provided: Yes.
A happy to give it a go attitude!