- YHA - Youth Hostel Association
- Waipiata - Enviro-Gold award, 5 star secluded coastal luxury lodge
- Hedingham Country Estate - An entirely ecologically-designed house, aimed at being energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly
- Aio Wira Centre - Seminar retreat centre founded by a group of yoga students, 35 mins from dwontown Auckland
- Sheep World Warkworth
- Te Harinui Countrystay
- Waiwera Thermal Spa Resort
- Jayride - Find or share a ride with Jayride, NZ's FREE rideshare community
- United Vehicle Rentals -
- Kea Campers NZ - Hire a KEA Camper and discover New Zealand!
- Apollo Motorhomes Holidays - Campervan hire
- Escape, Campervan hire -
- Britz Campervan and Car Hire -
- Thrifty Car Rental
- Newmans Coach Lines
- Stray Travel
- Intercity Coachlines
- Kiwi Experience
Kotuku Restoration - Great Barrier Island Auckland
Provider: Glenfern Sanctuary
The project involves continuing to restore 240 ha of pest protected native vegetation enclosed within a pest proof fence across Kotuku Peninsula, adjacent to Port Fitzroy, in the north of Great Barrier Island. We need volunteers to assist with pest control, nursery work, planting, track maintenance, and general sanctuary operations. We are currently in need of volunteers;
- during the first two weeks of Aug, Nov, Feb, and Apr when we rebait the entire peninsular
- for track building/maintenance work during summer of 2012/13.
This is an opportunity to experience and contribute to a 20 yr old restoration project and upskill your field and bush skills. If you are interested in contributing to the work occurring here, please contact us. We provide accommodation and transfers to and from airport/ferry on the island, however you will have to provide your own transport to GBI, your food and cooking.
Great Barrier Island Auckland. Ongoing project.
High level of fitness interest in preserving a safe haven for endangered species